upNotepad replaces the good old Notepad.exe.
Most technical support scammers will use Notepad to describe their ‘services’, aso.
upNotepad has some neat features which make their life like hell.
- distorts typing
- replaces words
- replaces numbers
- reversed text
- disable saving/loading files
- Live Hotkeys for triggering some features: increase/decrease numbers, replace words, random numbers, reversed text,
How to install?
Before we start:
- Install this program only on a virtual machines!
- You MUST HAVE owner rights for deleting or renaming msinfo32.exe in windows/system32. See also Tip 1 below.
- STEP 1: run upNotepad_Setup.exe
- STEP 2: in C:/windows/ and C:/windows/system32/ rename notepad.exe to p.e. BAKnotepad.exe or delete them
- STEP 3:
- for Win 32bit systems: skip and goto STEP 4
- for Win 64bit systems:
- open C:/windows/sysWOW64
- copy notepad.exe to c:/windows/system32 and C:/windows/
- STEP 4: in C:/windows/ and C:/windows/system32/ rename upnotepad.exe to notepad.exe
- STEP 5: run the ‘new’ notepad.exe
- STEP 6: press CTRL + ALT + Q to open the settings for tweaking upNotepad
Download upNotepad V1.0
TIP 1: TakeOwnershipEx is a free tool that allows you to get full access to files and folders
TIP 2: Remove the uninstall info in the registery
*** IMPORTANT: INSTALL THIS TOOL ONLY ON A VIRTUAL MACHINE ***